Week of 6/21-6/25 Internship blog

This week I have submitted the rough draft for the captions of my second exhibit, and so have completed the bulk of writing.  I am now looking forward to curating and designing the exhibits. I thought of some great ideas about how to do this and drew up some sketches of the movie theater exhibit. There are some great objects as well, such as old film reels, a speaker that was used in the local drive-in theater, movie posters and more. To go along with some of the objects I wrote a small one sentence explanation. I'm not sure how I will use them, but they may be necessary to provide context. Even a young adult such as myself may, for instance, have limited knowledge of drive ins, and so not know what the speaker was used for. Still to be done for both exhibits is to finalize the design and curation, get promotional art created, write introductions, etc. By the end of next week, at the very least I plan to have rough plans for the layout of the exhibits.

This week was midterm week. For my midterm my supervisor filled out an evaluation form that will be used for my grade. I am happy and thankful that I received full marks on the evaluation. I am looking forward to continuing to work at the same level and gaining knowledge and practice in many different areas related to Public History.

Finally, I decided to include photos of the History Center and archive this week. I obtained permission to use these photos.

On the left you see the filing cabinets which contain a large portion of                                                     the documents in the archive. On the right are shelves and cabinets that house documents too large to fit into the filing cabinets

This is the main office of the History Center, where I have spent a lot of my time researching and writing.

Shown is the inside of the citrus filing cabinet.

These cabinets accommodate the books of the archive.

Objects are stored on these shelves in the back of the archive.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week of 7/19-7/23 Internship blog

Week of 6/07-6/11 Internship blog

Week of 7/12-7/16 Internship blog